Status: Exempt, Regular Full-Time
Department: Development Department
Reports to: Development Director
Gage seeks an experienced non-profit professional for the position of Foundation Relations & Corporate Giving Manager.
This position leads strategic planning and implementation in the areas of Grant Acquisition, Partnership, and Corporate Sponsorship. Working closely with the Development Director, this position plays a key role in ensuring the success of Gage’s current programs and future expansion. The ideal candidate must be a team player who also works well independently with leadership abilities and an entrepreneurial spirit, who possesses initiative, has unparalleled attention to detail, and excels in being creative, dependable, flexible, and resourceful. The Foundation Relations & Corporate Giving Manager must have grant writing and sponsorship recruitment experience and accomplishment, outstanding management skills, and a demonstrated capacity to create strong external partnerships and motivate Gage supporters, staff, and volunteers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. This position will provide administration and day-to-day management of all foundation and corporate giving. This position works closely with program managers and the Executive Director to align grant request efforts with the Gage strategic plan and mission.
- Research and identify potential private, corporate, city, state and federal funding sources.
- Cultivate relationships with grant funders, proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals through site visits, letters of inquiry, etc.
- Stay current on fundraising trends and opportunities in grant making and corporate sponsorships.
- Create, maintain and oversee an on-going stewardship plan for current and prospective grant and corporate funders
- In cooperation with Development Director and Executive Director, write, submit, and administer appropriate number of grants in order to ensure budgeted return.
- Prepare and manage meetings/discussions with appropriate staff on grants as necessary, allowing adequate time for internal decision-making and review.
- Submit proposals based on grant guidelines and submission deadlines.
- Manage and track all steps of grants process including research, inquiry, application, stewardship and reporting in the ProClass database.
- Working with Development Coordinator, acknowledge grant awards in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain clear and accurate hard copy and electronic grant files.
- Work with Director of Marketing & Business Development to ensure marketing and PR efforts are aligned with grant and sponsorship efforts
- Work, in collaboration with the Events Manager, to secure Corporate Sponsorships for all Gage events, including (but not limited to) the Gage Collector’s Gala, Best of Gage, and the Drawing Jam
- Work with accounting to ensure restricted funds are released and reimbursable grants are submitted to the grantor for payment in a timely manner.
- Create new strategies for key entry-level sponsorship with a goal of securing new sponsor relationships.
- Manage an active portfolio of potential corporate sponsors and make face-to-face visits as necessary to secure funding and maintain relationships.
- Create, along with Development Director, a dynamic menu of funding opportunities to present to potential sponsors and funders.
- Create Sponsor Benefits around giving levels and ensure all benefits are fulfilled.
- Work closely with marketing to ensure logo recognition is performed as promised on all Gage materials and website.
- Provide first line of contact for all grant, foundations and corporate contacts and inquiries.
- Prepare funding materials for Executive Director as necessary.
- Provide ideas, creativity and implementation to grow partnerships through the Gage Student Membership plan.
- Supervise intern(s) to assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Prepare regular progress reports to share with Staff, Board Members, and Development Committee.
- Work directly with Board of Trustees to ensure their participation with fundraising goals for corporate and foundations.
- Manage annual budget for Grants and Corporate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Development Director & Executive Director
Job Type: Full-time
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years or more experience in a non-profit with proven measurable experience in the fields of grants and corporate sponsorship.
- Successful Grant Writing: min 3 years experience
- Soliciting Corporate Funds: min 3 years experience
Gage is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.