Internship opportunities include work in marketing and communications, outreach, financial support and more, and offer a fast-paced, stimulating learning environment in one of the nation’s foremost visual arts and education institutions.
There are no current model positions available, however we will be hiring in late-August. Please fill out and return the 2016/17 Model Application to be considered for a future figure or portrait modeling position at Gage – to learn more about modeling, please email Registrar and Model Coordinator Ellyn Hill.
To learn more send an email to Gage at Info@GageAcademy.org, or call us at 206.323.4243, x10.
Internships are available year-round! Please email resume to email@example.com to inquire about a Gage Internship!
Director of Marketing & Business Development
Gage Academy of Art is a respected non-profit organization in Seattle which has quietly committed itself to advancing the study of art, championing and showcasing artists, and serving as a vibrant cultural heartbeat for artists of every age, ability and economic means. Led by a hardworking board of 15 and a talented staff of 12 full-time and part-time non-profit professionals, and a faculty of more than fifty outstanding Northwest artist instructors, Gage is a $2.4m organization with a record of financial stability and a lean, program-focused budget. Recently the organization has made a deep investment in its infrastructure and staff talent – this position is part of that initiative to re-invent Gage for more relevance and resonance in the community. Gage’s mission is based on the belief that artists are made, not born: we exist to bring more art and artists into the world through a rich, diverse program for all ages, abilities, backgrounds and economic means. Gage complements its studio art program, free teen workshops and 4-year Atelier program with a year-round roster of free exhibits, festivals, artist toolkits, workshops, lectures, films, and a variety of special events.
Gage seeks a seasoned non-profit professional for the position of Director of Marketing & Business Development to focus specifically on growing Gage’s impact and relevance within the Pacific Northwest and national cultural landscape. This position leads strategic planning and implementation in the areas of Marketing, Public Relations, Direct Mail, Advertising and Promotions, Web Presence and Social Media. Together with the Executive Director and the Development team, these positions form the backbone of the Gage Business Development team. This person must be a team player with leadership abilities and an entrepreneurial spirit, who possesses initiative, has unparalleled attention to detail, and excels in being creative, dependable, flexible, and resourceful. The Director must have a record of marketing and sales leadership, analytics, web creation and oversight, social media, special events and producing abilities, outstanding management skills, and a demonstrated capacity to create strong external partnerships and motivate Gage students, supporters, staff, and volunteers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
The Director provides the expertise to advance Gage Academy of Art’s interests by marketing all of its programs through audience development, revenue enhancement, partnerships, patron profiles, media relations, enrollment analysis & metrics, branding, values/vision & identity, and producing exciting visual campaigns that support the school, its programs and projects. The job includes Web management (WordPress platform), CRM communication, experience with Social Media management, and budgeting. We’re looking for a team player, someone who is passionate about the transformative impact that arts engagement can have on individuals and communities, and someone who wants to move the dial, take risks, and work with a strong, seasoned team of arts professionals to take Gage to the next level.
The person who fills this new position is an essential part of the top leadership team that is re-inventing Gage for the next 25 years. Reporting to Gage Executive Director, the Director of Marketing & Business Development drives Gage’s work by:
- Guiding Gage to achieve stronger marketing presence in the marketplace, driving enrollment and development dollars alike
- Building partnerships and presence, activating our mission and effectively meeting identified community needs
- Strategically managing the Gage database to create a precision marketing plan
- Managing a staff and interns who oversee graphics, social media and photography
- Advancing leadership and programmatic engagement in the community
- Participating with the larger staff and board on the marketing team’s creation of strategic and long range plan in editorial, advertising, print projects and marketing efforts
- Leading the look and feel of Gage marketing materials
- Managing the Website and social media presence
- Developing and producing key events with a team of staff and volunteers, including the Drawing Jam, open houses, public events, Best of Gage, and the annual Gala
- Serving on the leadership team to advance Gage’s largest goals.
Minimum Bachelors Degree in related field, Masters Preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated excellence in leading creative, effective marketing and public relations campaigns, community engagement strategies, and special events
- Digital skills in web content, CRM management, and social media marketing
- Excellence as a writer and oral communicator, able to convey multiple compelling messages with confidence and style
- Project management skills
- Interest in collaborating & mentoring with strong team of arts professionals, and able to work collegially with a wide variety of people, from trustees to volunteers, community leaders to students of all ages
- Deadline and detail oriented, able to write, edit, and proof compelling messages under tight deadlines
- Ability to work occasional nights or weekends to support special events, open houses, and exhibition openings
- Strategic planning, thinking and analysis, knowledge of marketing tools, strategies, and research techniques
- Ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders, particularly senior leaders, community leaders, and board of trustees
- A strong design aesthetic and ability to art direct
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, the ability to act decisively on issues of business importance.
- Ability to establish trust and rapport both internally and externally
- Ability to engage people meaningfully and unselfishly in a cause
- Experience with budget development and monitoring.
- Enthusiastic about being part of a strategic and operational re-invention of an organization to increase relevance in our community and the arts world
- 4 or more years experience in non-profit leadership, marketing, strategic planning, branding, external relations, public relations and community outreach
- 4 years writing experience or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, and relational databases
- 2 – 3 years experience in Special Events Management
Projected Job Responsibilities/Duties
JOB SPLIT – ESTIMATED
Planning / Strategy (15%)
- Plan and execute marketing activities for Gage
- Become knowledgeable about Gage mission, values, programs and strategy in order to seek out appropriate marketing and sales ideas and identify those which represent extraordinary opportunity.
- Work with the Executive Director, Staff and Board Members to develop a unified annual marketing plan, consistent with the Strategic Plan.
- Prepare and present regular reports to Staff, Board Members, and Committees.
- Work with senior managers to ensure marketing and PR efforts are aligned with other departmental efforts
Web Oversight and Management (15%)
- The Director of Marketing & Business Development oversees every aspect of the website, the largest tool of our sales and promotion
Social Media Management – 10%
- Manage social face of Gage to the digital community
Look/Feel/Brand Management of Gage – 15%
- Serve as chief spokesperson for Gage events
- Media Placements & PR Strategy
- Help manage Gage brand for consistency and effectiveness
Leadership Team Participation – 10%
- Supervise Marketing staff and interns
- Help plan and participate in senior staff, sales, programming and retreat meetings
- Supervise and serve as professional role model to Gage staff, interns
Event Producership (15%)
- Work with entire team at Gage to plan and execute major events throughout the year, including the organization’s three major events: The Annual Gala, Best of Gage, and Drawing Jam. Events are small in size and budget, but unique in focus, and require organized timelines, staff roles, marketing materials, budgets and other key planning tools.
- Design and create marketing materials to support all events
Community Partnerships (10%)
- Work with Executive Director and Artistic Director to maximize opportunities for community brand-building, outreach and partnerships
Other – 10%
Gage is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.