Gage Academy of Art is pleased to announce the 2018 scholarship winners. This year, scholarship review panels awarded more than $20,000 to new and returning students of Gage’s Capitol Hill and Georgetown campuses.
2018 fall quarter marks 26 years that Gage has awarded scholarships, which were made possible by the generosity of contributing donors from a number of organizations and foundations.
In order to qualify for scholarships, students were required to complete an application, provide samples of artwork, and complete a written submission sharing what inspired them to pursue an education in the arts. Scholarship review panels comprised of Gage faculty and guest instructors (listed below) were appointed to review submissions and select the winners.
The 2018 scholarship winners are:
- Scott Shaub was awarded a Maurer Family Foundation for the Arts Scholarship ($3250).
- Elly Evangelista was awarded a Maurer Family Foundation for the Arts Scholarship ($3250), and will be entering Studio Arts Intensive.
- Amy Erickson was awarded the Stanley R. & Robert E. Wright Foundation for the Arts Scholarship ($4,911). Amy will be entering the Flack Atelier.
- Grace Flott was awarded the Allan and Mary Kollar Scholarship ($1,000) and the Mary Gales Scholarship ($900). She will return to the Artistides Atelier.
- Ashley Johnson was awarded the Dennis Evans & Nancy Mee Scholarship ($1,000). She will be entering the Trowbridge Atelier.
- Brianna Fecarotta was awarded the Jessica Harrison Belzberg Atelier Scholarship ($2,000). She will be returning to Georgetown Atelier.
- Makenna Littell was awarded the Nancy & David Thacher Scholarship ($1,100).
- One need-based scholarship awarded to a teen participant in youth programs for the 2018 academic year from the Nancy & David Thacher Scholarship ($900)
- Charles Burt was awarded the Gamblin Paint Scholarship Award (Artist supplies valued at $875). He will return to the Aristides Atelier.
- Sophia Laul was awarded a half-tuition scholarship for Studio Arts Intensive.
- Brittany Blake was awarded a half-tuition scholarship for Studio Arts Intensive.
Special thanks to the 2018 scholarship review panelists, including:
Mary Gales Scholarship, and Nancy and David Thacher Scholarship:
- Klara Glosova
- Dominique Medici
- Kathleen Moore
Stanley R. & Robert E Wright Foundation for the Arts Scholarship and Allan and Mary Kollar Scholarship:
- Gary Faigin
- Mary Ann Peters
- Eric Wert
Dennis Evans and Nancy Mee Scholarship:
- Ellen Eagle
- Charles Emerson
- Jeffrey Simmons
Jessica Harrison Belzberg Scholarship:
- Tracy Garcia
- Bruce Harrison
More details on how to apply for an art scholarship.