4/9 – 6/11
No Class on 5/28
1:30 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Gage Capitol Hill
- Spiral bound sketchbook 14” x 17 or 18” x 24” with good quality all-media paper with a light tooth.
- Strathmore charcoal or pastel paper 18” x 24” in assorted tones. Recommended brand in link below. If you have some paper, bring it Week 1.
- Collage papers: neutral colors Week 1-2, assorted colors subsequent weeks. Tru-Ray paper is available in various color packs and is fade-resistant. Collect “found” papers including some with pattern or texture.
- Brown, black, and white conte crayons – 2B
- Assorted charcoal and compressed charcoal
- NuPastels (24 colors) …NO OIL PASTELS please
- Pencils and Colored Pencils
- Ruler and Clear Triangle
- 3 glue sticks
- YES paste (optional)
- Blending Stumps
- Assorted Erasers including Kneadable Gum Eraser
- Artist Tape (low tack) or blue painter’s 1” tape
- Spray fixative
Learn about various approaches to composition through a series of collages, then enlarge select compositions into finished charcoal and pastel drawings.