Facility Assistant Job Description
Job Title: Facility Assistant
Reports to: Facility Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly, 30 hours/week
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, vacation, Simple IRA, tuition
The Facilities Assistant provides cleaning and maintenance on the Gage Academy of Art campus.
- Perform physical tasks and maintain facilities;
- Clean up of trash and debris; remove snow and de-ice walks and lot;; replace light bulbs; clean windows, floors and furniture; vacuum/mop floors as directed in hallways, classrooms, admin offices; move and transfer supplies, boxes, office equipment, furniture, specifications, and recyclables; and pick up and empty trash dispensers.
- Maintain Restrooms – supplies, floors, mirrors, toilets, floors
- Completes duties checklists
- Use machinery and equipment
- Ensure the facilities are clean
- Assist with the set-up of meeting rooms: furniture, chairs, tables, projectors, easels, flip charts, white boards, etc.
- Ensure the building is empty at the end of the day according to building hours
- Maintain good public relations
- Cooperate with team members, instructors, staff, the public and students
- Must be able to work independently
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Proven skills in cleaning or maintenance
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment with limited resources
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment, including vacuum
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to walk stairs
- Ability to stand, walk and move for hours at a time
- Energetic and willing to work flexible shifts, including early mornings, nights or weekends;
- Walking; must be able to walk through building and grounds
- Sight; monitor facility, equipment, cleanliness
- Sitting; be able to work at a computer or complete a task in a sitting position
- Hearing; ability to communicate with staff
- Reaching; equipment cleaning, moving
- Stooping; equipment & building cleaning, moving
- Pulling; move furniture/equipment
- Pushing; move furniture/equipment, sweep, mop, vacuum
- Lifting; furniture, equipment, boxes, art work
- Climbing; stairs, ladders
Must have the ability to read, write and organize materials. Must be able to relate to people in a professional manner. Must have the ability to remain focused and possess good problem solving skills despite internal and external distractions. Must be able to recognize safety hazards and exhibit good safety awareness and judgment.
Gage Academy of Art is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Regarding this job opportunity please contact Eden Hall (email@example.com) or Daniel Reveles (firstname.lastname@example.org).