THIS POSITION IS NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE SPONSORSHIP FOR EMPLOYMENT VISA STATUS. This is a volunteer position that provides a stipend.
Gage Academy of Art seeks a Graphic Design Intern to join our rapidly growing team. You will work directly with our Creative Manger, Marketing Director, and Executive Director to own visual design for print and digital marketing campaigns. This role is highly collaborative and cross-functional in support of our Programs, Development, and Events and Exhibitions teams. You need to be a self-starter who is comfortable with change, enjoys a fast pace, and can juggle many tasks and deadlines.
Your primary role will be to work alongside of/and in support of our Creative Manager to design marketing materials including catalogs, web graphics, brochures, social media content, posters and internal banner ads. You’ll bring creative campaign ideas to the table, while executing existing and ongoing campaigns with imaginative and fresh design that represent the Gage brand.
- A degree in, or current pursuit of a degree in communication design or a related field (advertising, graphic design, media design)
- An online portfolio displaying a wide range of design work and typography skills
- A strong working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Proficiency in video shooting and editing
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. Please title the subject line: “[YOUR NAME] Graphic Design Intern Application.