GAGE MISSION: Guided by the belief that artists are made, not born, Gage strives to educate, enrich and engage artists and the community in the visual arts. Gage offers instruction in the principles of drawing, painting and sculpting and is dedicated to helping students of all ages and skill levels realize themselves as artists in contemporary society.
- The Office and Communications Coordinator is responsible for working with the public and Gage students on all aspects of student inquiries, events and class registration either in person, via email or phone. The Office and Communications Coordinator is responsible for covering the Front Desk activities, returning emails, voicemails and all general Customer Service requests.
- Office Coordination: Responsible for maintaining office supplies, outgoing mail, postage, copy/printer liaison & office appearance/cleanliness.
- Marketing: Assist with marketing communications.
- Emails welcome/confirmation receipts to all students before class begins.
- Ensures each classroom is prepared with evaluations and rosters.
- Communicates with students on a twice-quarterly basis: Directly after registration to welcome students, inform them of various Gage Academy of Art activities, etc. as well as toward the end of the quarter to thank them for attending, providing pertinent information on the new quarter (dates, etc.).
- Manages Atelier Contracts, Payment Plans as well as Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Billing
- Supports Student Services Coordinator, as necessary
- Manages the Petty Cash Fund by reconciling daily and ensuring proper procedures are followed.
- Performs Online Portfolio reviews and guidance for students.
- Works in collaboration with the Gage Program Directors to advice and help students navigate their class choices.
- Reviews Gage quarterly catalogs for typos, errors.
- Schedules and conducts tours with interested potential students.
- Support Gage Academy of Art events as needed.
- Answers emails and voicemails daily.
- Maintains the Gage Master Calendar.
- Orders & maintains Atelier book inventory.
- Sends out all online merchandise/Open Studio Pass purchases.
- Manages Gage Stand-by Scholarship online form. Receives scholarship recipients class/workshop requests throughout the year and notifies students when they can attend a class with space available.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Art History, Arts Education or related field or equivalent experience, including studio art.
- Knowledge of art media, processes and techniques.
- Minimum 1 year professional experience in an administrative or receptionist position.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
DESIRED PERSONAL QUALITIES :
- Committed and enthusiastic about the Gage mission and programs.
- Welcoming and customer-service oriented.
- Friendly, with strong skills in building relationships with staff, teaching artists and models.
- Highly resourceful & flexible energetic and focused.
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking and following through.
- Good team player with positive collaborative spirit.
- Straightforward, self-motivated and diplomatic.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Gage is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.