Short Pose Figure Drawing
1:30 P.M.-4:30 P.M.
- Drawing paper, 18″x24″ medium weight (50 or 60lb)
- Drawing pencils, graphite 2B, 4B, and 2H recommended pencil
- Ruler, 24″
- Spool of thread, any color
- Drafting triangle, large size
- Colored pencils, three colors
Learn the foundation of classical figure drawing through the practice of the short pose. Develop techniques to capture the movement of varied poses to make simple yet elegant and dynamic figure drawings. Instruction topics include basic anatomy; general strategies to ensure cohesiveness, flow and proportional correctness; convenient short hands for anatomical features, and discussions of the vocabulary of lines as it pertains to short pose figure drawing.