Studio Arts Intensive (SAI) is a unique and innovative program combining a broad range of studio courses with professional development and cohort activities offsite designed to introduce and connect you with the local art community. SAI graduates are equipped to continue their studies with both a strong skill-set and a more highly developed self within the larger artistic ecosystem.
SAI includes over 400 direct contact hours with ten instructors in different mediums and courses of study, and includes approximately 200 hours working from the live model.
Students of all ages have the opportunity to develop a comprehensive portfolio in drawing, painting, sculpture, and printmaking for admission into a university, atelier, or to bridge their pursuit in the visual arts into a full time career.
Classes are intentionally intimate with only 18 students per class to maximize one-on-one time with your instructors. You begin with focusing on foundation skills in drawing, painting, and sculpture and then broaden your skill set with printmaking, abstraction, collage, and watercolor. The majority of the learning takes place in the studio through the personalized guidance of the 10 teaching artists.
In addition, you visit museums, galleries, studios and attend lectures along with professional development seminars all while learning art history. Teaching artist Klara Glosova leads these activities, which allow you to build a studio practice that is well-informed and connected to your art community.
What You Need to Know
- September 2018 – April 2019, Part-Time
- Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Printmaking, Art History, Professional Development
- Tuition: $6,975 (payment plans available)
- Please read 2018/2019 SAI Student Agreement
- Dedicated SAI Scholarships Available (need based) – Apply with SAI Application Form
- Gage Donor Scholarships Available – Use “Apply Here” links on Donor Scholarships page to apply
- Program Studio Monitor Position (50% off tuition) – Apply with SAI Application Form
The Maurer Family Foundation for the Arts’ 2018 commitment to Gage’s SAI program supports two partial tuition scholarships, each totaling $3,250, to be awarded to promising students of limited financial resources.
Questions? Contact Us.