LOAN AGREEMENT - CONDITIONS OF LOAN
By signing this document, the Lender acknowledges that the work featured in the exhibition, though exhibited within a closed campus, is at the risk of damage, wear and tear or theft, and that neither the Borrower: Gage Academy of Art, nor the Cornish Playhouse are liable for any damage, wear and tear or theft that may occur. The Lender acknowledges the risk and possibility of loss or damage due to theft, fire, water, earthquake or natural disaster, or accidental mishandling.
The Artwork shall be defined as any two- or three-dimensional object, either original or reproduction, to be loaned to Gage Academy of Art by the Artist or Lender. The Artist/Lender must be the legal owner of the Artwork or have written permission from the legal owner to loan said works.
- All artwork must be hang-ready when submitted.
- Gage will not hang the Artwork if it not hang ready, or hanging instructions have not been provided (ie. l-pins, brackets, pedestals, etc.)
- Students do not need to provide any tools or hardware, unless it is a speciality item (magnets, brackets, french cleats, etc.)
The loaned Artwork must be the same as those specified in the Loan Agreement. Gage Academy of Art reserves the right to not exhibit Artwork that is not identified on the loan form. If an Artwork arrives at Gage Academy of Art that is not identified on the loan form, the Artist/Lender (if not present) will be contacted immediately. The loan form must be amended to reflect all the work chosen for exhibition. Additional shipping requirements and costs due to error will be agreed upon by both Artist/Lender and Gage Academy of Art.
Loaned Artwork will remain in the possession of the Borrower and be its responsibility until returned to the Lender.
The Lender agrees to waive the right to withdraw objects from the exhibition until its closing date. The Borrower reserves the right to withdraw objects from the exhibition at any time for space or other considerations.
E. PHOTOGRAPHY AND REPRODUCTION
Unless otherwise specified, it is understood that the loaned object(s) may be photographed by the Borrower in all media, including publication on the world wide web, television and film, for publicity purposes connected with the exhibition, and other related publications, for routine education, and for registrarial purposes. The photographs will not be used for any other purposes unless expressed permission has been obtained from the Lender. If an object is labeled for display or publication, it will be credited in the exact format as it was presented.
The Borrower is responsible for all incoming and return transport costs of artwork and equipment, unless alternative arrangements are made and agreed upon prior by both the Lender and the Borrower.
Artwork will be repacked for return to Artist/Lender by the same methods as received. If incoming method or materials were inappropriate, Lender will be consulted about packing improvements. Costs for packing improvements will be agreed upon in writing prior to the return of the Artwork.
- The Lender assumes the risks of unobstructed displays. The Borrower is not liable for the natural wear and tear (i.e. Loss, damage, or depreciation resulting from ordinary use and exposure, such as but not limited to minor scuffs, abrasions, small chips, grime, etc.) and/or minor deterioration as a result of public interaction with the artworks on open display. The Borrower is not responsible for theft. The Lender’s Artwork is not insured through the Borrower.
- The Borrower reserves the right to inspect and interfere with any methods of installation and display that put the physical well-being of the Lender, the public, and/or members, patrons and staff of the Borrower at risk. The Borrower is not Liable for any injury/accident that could occur at the fault of the Lender. The Lender is not insured through the Borrower.
Gage Academy of Art retains a 30% commission on all Artwork sold on designated art sales dates (exhibition openings and special events, max. 25 per year), except for sales of Artwork by represented artists, which will be sold through the artist’s gallery. A split commission may be arranged through the Gage Academy of Art and the gallery. All artwork sales inquiries outside of designated art sales dates will be directed to the artist. Artists will receive their commission within 30 days of sale.