Drawing for Fun! w/Kathleen Moore
Friday | 4/26 | 9:30 AM-4:30 P.M.
Challenging belief, or what we believe we see, is a recurring theme in the classes and workshops Moore teaches. “I’m like a fitness coach,” Moore chuckles, “I get students moving with exercises to build their skills in drawing and painting, then we do the “yoga” part where students learn to stretch how and what they perceive.”
Originally from Texas, Moore has lived in the Seattle area since 1990. She received her BA in art from West Texas A&M University then continued her study of painting at Bruchion School in Los Angeles, CA and Gage Academy of Art in Seattle, WA.
Kathleen Moore is a teaching artist at Gage Academy of Art in Seattle where she teaches beginning drawing and landscape painting. Moore delights in encouraging people to draw in outreach projects at Gage, such as Pop-up Drawing Jams and Drink & Draw events.
9:30 AM-4:30 P.M.
Gage Capitol Hill
- 1 drawing pad – 18” x 24” Strathmore 400 Series recommended
- 1 newsprint pad 18″ x 24″
- 1 sketch book – 12″x 9″ or larger
- 5 graphite drawing pencils – 2H, 2B, 4B, 6B, 8B (Woodless graphite is suggested but not required)
- 3 sticks vine charcoal – soft)
- 1 precise point pen)
- 1 white vinyl eraser)
- 1 kneaded eraser
- 1 pencil sharpenere
- 1 pencil bag/box
- 1 drawing clip board 23”x26”
- 1 roll of 18” glassine OR 18″ x 24″ pad of glassines
- Gray Scale and Value Findert
- Spray fixative – for use at home, do not bring to class
Have you ever thought “I’d like to draw, but ….” or “I used to draw, but it’s been years (or maybe decades!).” This class offers a no-stress environment for you to relax and enjoy drawing. Learn how to handle charcoal, pencil and pen while working with composition, value and form. You may discover that you already know a lot about drawing and find your confidence growing as you build more skill. A little art history and a lot of fun included!