9:30 A.M.-4:30 P.M.
All Levels Welcome
Gage Capitol Hill
- 10” Calipers. less than $10
- 12-18” Ruler
- 3 wooden tools of your choosing, 1 tool needs to have a flat edge. Don’t spend more then $5. Kemper tools are fine.
- 1 to 2 of the 5in Wire Mini tools
- Small mirror (3” x 2”) or handheld mirror
- Needle nose pliers
- Newsprint paper or large drawing paper
- Drawing board with clip
- Faber-Castell Polychromos pencil and/or charcoal pencils
Places to buy your supplies:
Clay Art Center 2636 Pioneer Way East Tacoma , WA 98404 1-800-952-8030 or 1-253-922-5342 http://www.clayartcenter.net/
Seattle Pottery Supply 206-587-0670 35 South Hanford Seattle, WA 98134 http://www.seattlepotterysupply.com/
Sculpture House, Loveland, CO http://www.sculpturehouse.com/
Complete Sculptor Inc., NY http://www.sculpt.com/
Develop drawing skills beyond two dimensions by working compositions in clay. This unusual art form, rarely seen in practice today, was used historically in art, architecture, and coin currency. Students will learn to capture portraiture in small compositions that are simple to mold into finished works and learn the skills necessary to create subtle details in relief. Instruction will include working alongside students, demos, critiques, and individual feedback throughout the class.