Have fun working with arts and education this summer!
Gage Academy of Art is committed in building a vibrant visual-arts community in the Northwest through programs that educate, enrich and engage artists and the public.
Gage Youth Programs offer practical art instruction in drawing, painting and 3-D design for 6- to 18-year olds. The curriculum encourages students to explore new materials and techniques, develop creative problem solving skills and to celebrate self-expression. Gage Youth Programs is dedicated to providing engaging, age-appropriate classes that enable young artists to be seen and heard.
Youth Summer Programs Teaching Assistants
- Kids (ages 6-8)
- Kids (ages 9-11)
- Teen (ages 12-14)
- Teen (ages 14-18)
- Portfolio Intensive /Floater (ages 14-18)
Teaching Assistants provide Gage youth instructors with overall classroom
support to create a positive, supportive & engaging art experience for kids & teens ages 6-17.
Experience working with youth a must!
June 29-August 28, 2020 (9 weeks)
Monday – Friday (30-40 hours/week)
$15-17/HR Position DOE
Located at 1501 10th Ave E, Seattle WA 98102
- Experience working with youth required.
- Artistic background with knowledge of art materials a plus.
- Ability to engage youth in art making activities.
- Team player & problem-solver with ability to prioritize duties.
- Detail-oriented, fun and creative, energetic, warm, good planner and self- starter, loves teens or kids!
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Set up & break down studios daily/weekly.
- Supervise youth artists to ensure positive and safe learning atmosphere.
- Provide instructors with hands-on classroom support.
- Assist instructor with overall classroom management.
- Provide one-to-one assistance & feedback to students, as needed.
- Mediate/ solve in-classroom conflicts (e.g. disruptive behavior).
- Work cooperatively with instructors & other teaching assistants.
- Create an inclusive environment for all.
- Maintain professional relationship with students, parents, & Gage staff.
- Manage, gather and organize supplies for instructor daily; monitor supply/materials usage.
- Provide structured activities for the Creative Care program: Monday – Friday from 8am-9:15am OR 3:30pm-5pm. (kids assistants only)
*Please Note: This position requires the ability to lift heavy objects (tables, easels, model stands, etc), sweep and mop floors, empty trash, and other clean up duties as assigned.
Training & Preparation:
- Preliminary orientation with facility and Teaching Assistant Binders. Workshop preparation, including organizing supplies (before summer session 6/22-6/26) and clean up (after summer session 8/31-9/4)
- Participate in one pre-meeting and one post-meeting with workshop instructors to provide workshop continuity and feedback.
- Attend CPR/First Aid Training prior to summer session.
To apply, send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Summer Teaching Assistant” in the subject, and an attached cover letter & resume outlining relevant experience and noting age preference.
Please no calls or drop-ins.