Youth Programs Intern
Gage Youth Programs is looking for a youth programs intern to start in March! It is a great way to learn about arts administration, work with Teaching Artists and learn about arts non-profits.
Gage Youth Programs offer practical art instruction in drawing, painting and 3-D design for 6- to 18- year-olds. Our curriculum encourages students to explore new materials and techniques, develop creative problem-solving skills and celebrate self-expression. Gage also offers Teen Art Studios at the Capitol Hill location and at the Bellevue Arts Museum, Seattle Art Museum, and South Park Community Center, on Friday evenings. TAS is open to teen artists ages 13-18, includes free art materials, and each site has a new topic for artistic exploration every month.
This is an unpaid internship. A small stipend will be provided.
- The Youth Programs Intern will gain insight and hands-on experience in the art education at Gage Academy.
- The Youth Programs Intern will work alongside the Youth and Community Director to develop administrative, classroom and leadership skills in youth programming.
- The Youth Programs Intern will work with the Youth and Community Director to develop personal learning objectives and goals during the duration of your internship.
- The Youth Programs Intern will have the opportunity to utilize evaluation skills and methods.
The Youth Programs Intern position is primarily responsible with assisting the Youth and Community Manager in logistical details, inventorying art supplies and closets, as well providing general administrative support to help. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Work with Development and Marketing for fundraising efforts
- Work in the classroom as support for youth programs
- Inventorying art supply closets, picking up any additional art supplies that are needed
- Entering and pulling student information from the database ProClass
- The Youth Programs Intern will help with the development and implementation a new evaluation system for the Teen Art Studios program.
Gage is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.